You've launched a cool new app, and now the money starts rolling in! Right?
Not if no one knows about it!
Here are 6 things you can do to let people know about your app:
- Host a giveaway. With a service like Rafflecopter.com you can create special prizes and raffle them away to those who download your app, and share a post about the raffle on social media.
- Promote in all your communications. Include links to your app website, blog, and social media channels in your email signature.
- Link in your business cards. Add a short code or a scanable code to your business cards so that people can download your app faster.
- Delivery Inserts. You could include a small card or slip of paper with a customer's order that gives a discount code for their next purchase if they use the app.
- Offer Exclusive Content. Make certain items available 'In App Only'.
- Run an ad campaign on Facebook. Get installs off of people’s newsfeeds.
Remember, an app isn't a 'magic wand' to create new business. It's merely a value-added extension of your business. The most likely people to download your app will be your most loyal customers. With that in mind, focus on delivering great products, at a fair price, with great customer service, and you'll build an army of evangelists.